Tonight Damage Control took our radio show on the road to check out Carla Ulbrich's comedy routine at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa(ish). I'd never been before, so I wasn't really expecting the unholy vision of a double-wide on acid that greets Skipper's patrons.
Carla was funny (or at least I thought so. I especially liked the song about killing the ex-boyfriend's girlfriend) and the beer was good. I'm a cheap date, so after two beers I was making my famous, "I'm a happy drunk" speech to Allen, who chivalrously played along, agreeing that indeed, alcohol does remove inhibitions and reveal the true 'you'. Angry Allen and Pissy Missy have found each other at last. Two Yanks in a sea of drawling Southerners, we cling to each other like fresh lox to a bagel. Or not.
I was, however, finally christened with a new nickname, but to hear it, you'll have to listen to our show on New Artist Radio next week. So ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment