This could have been a different day.
It could have been the day that felt 80 hours long and was so hectic that I had to pee for about two hours before I finally found time to get to the restroom.
It could have been the day I felt like I was busting out of my clothes, my face looked like the Pillsbury Dough Girl with a hooker makeover, and my hair needed coloring so bad I was forced to buy L'Oreal at the Kash 'n' Karry.
It could have been the day I cried at the doctor's office, got a migraine, forgot my Haagen Dazs at the grocery store and had my plans for the weekend crushed by a phone call.
But instead it was the day I got home and found a new copy of the INXS cd that I cracked en route to Iraq last year. My roommate remembered how much I missed it and picked it up 'just because.'
Which made me think that days are like people; very few of them are all bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment