Sunday, May 22, 2005

Actually, We're Just Holding It Overnight for Observation...

How does a lake vanish in eight hours with no one noticing? Evaporation over a long period I can believe, but where does upteen thousand gallons of algae-laced water, fish, worms and goose pooh go in the time it takes to snooze your way through a couple of REM cycles?

I know what the scientists and town officials are saying, but if Mother Earth got thirsty enough to open a lake-sized hole in her face, somebody should ould have heard something. It took down trees with it, for chrissake!

Sure it could have drained silently into an underground river. I guess it's possible too, that it collapsed with a whisper into a giant, uncharted mine beneath the village. But in reality, I think I'm with Granny. I betcha right now there's a spa somewhere in Scottsdale dialing Britney to inform her the "authentic Russian lake" she ordered for her private suite is ready.

No comments: