How is it you can see a friend in the next town twice a year and never miss them, but let them move two time zones away and you miss them before they've even reached the interstate?
Carlye and I went to Whiskey Park to say goodbye to Jeremy before he leaves for his next assignment. We didn't hang out all that often, but we could have -- anytime -- and I guess that's what makes this so hard. As long as he lived and worked a jog away, we were okay not hanging out every weekend. Now that the option requires a week of leave and a three-hundred-dollar plane ticket, I'm kicking myself a little.
*sigh*
So many goodbyes in this line of work. Just when the roommates and coworkers and bosses all balance perfectly, someone has to go and ruin it by moving on with their life. That's when the good times and best friends start to roll away from me and all it takes is one rainy day with bad traffic to make me wonder why the hell I got into this in the first place.
I suppose I could just be thankful I have so many good people to miss, but...nah. That'd be too easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment