Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Attack of the Workstation Wiseass

Sitting around the office this afternoon, BSing with the 19-year-old guy I supervise:


Me: So I'm trying to pull myself away from her group and get back to my table, but this blonde guy keeps begging me, "Stay for a beer. Come on, just one. Come on, you can stay. Stay for some beers with us." He just would not let it rest!
Him: (laughs)
Me: So I keep telling him no, because I only came out for a slice and I had to work in the morning. And he was already half trashed anyhow…
Him: So did you leave?
Me: Yeah, but the next day Nicole told me he liked me and wanted to see me again. I was like, "Uh, no thanks." God, I'm so tired of this beer obsession! Why is always about the beer?
Him: Well, come on -- whaddaya expect? I don't think some guy's gonna come up to you and be like, "Hey, wanna read a book together?"


Smartass kid. Sad thing is, I wouldn't mind if some guy did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a beer?

Anonymous said...

A MILLION LITTLE PIECES, by James Frey...